Stories and connections

Being a Canadian born in Argentina, these days I find myself thinking and reflecting often about stories and history, a distinction in vocabulary that exists in English but not in Spanish, my mother tongue. Both concepts are one in Spanish, history and story: Historia. I love these words by Terry Tempest that talk about the power of stories as a link between one another and history, this is exactly how I feel or better what I long for living here in this land I chose as mine:

“Story is the umbilical cord that connects us to the past, present, and future. Family. Story is a relationship between the teller and the listener, a responsibility. . . . Story is an affirmation of our ties to one another.” 
Terry Tempest Williams, Pieces of White Shell
Image, Storyteller, figurines. Pueblo Nation



Comments

Popular Posts